NY STRONG-EST MAN & WOMAN 6
Date & Time: Saturday January 19th 2019 @10:00 a.m.
Contest Director: Todd Giorgi, firstname.lastname@example.org, 914.450.4300 (text is fine).
Contest Location: Westchester County Center, White Plains, NY
Hotel Info: Marriott Westchester 670 White Plains Rd Tarrytown NY 10591. (914)-631-2200
Weigh-in and Registration: Day of Contest 7:30-8:30a.m. *If you are not checked in Friday 1/18/19 or by 8:30am Saturday 1/19/18, you will not compete. 24-hour weigh in’s available upon apt. only!
1/18/19 from 8am-12pm and 4pm-7pm at NY Strong 300 Phillips Park Rd. Mamaroneck NY 10543
USS valid 2019 membership is required for all athletes to compete. Can purchase at the contest. It’s $20.
Weight Classes & Divisions: 5 in each weight class or division will be combined. No Exceptions.
Top 3 in each division qualifies for Nationals 2019 in Columbus, OH.
1st place novice also qualifies for Nationals 2019.
Awards: Trophies for1st, 2nd & 3rd place in all divisions.
Online Entry: http://getmeregistered.com/NYStrongest6
First 20 entries are $60.
Entries 21-80 are $80.
Entries 81 to 180 are $100
No entries will be accepted after 1/12/18. To receive a shirt we need your entry by 1/5/18
Entry Deadline: 1/12/18. Tune into FB event page for updates. NO EXCEPTIONS. NO REFUNDS. ENTRIES go in reverse order for all events.
If you enter and back out that doesn’t guarantee you your shirt.
A portion of the proceeds will go to PAWS Crossed Animal Rescue!
FOLLOW EVENT PAGE FOR UPDATES AND DETAILS:
Head to Head Farmers Hold
Carry & Load Medley Keg/Keg/Stone
LW 165 & 181
HW Novice >220 MW Masters <220
MW 198 & 220 HW Masters >220
HW 242 & 275
SHW 308 & 308+
LW Novice <220
LW 123 & 132
HW Novice LW/MW Masters <165
MW 148 & 165 HW Masters >165
HW 181 & 198
SHW 242 & 242+
LW Novice <148
EVENTS & RULES:
1. Press Medley: You will start with 2 hands on the CDB. When given judge's signal you clean with 2 hands but 2nd hand/arm must be off before you dip press. You need 2 reps here to move onto log which you will need 2 reps on to move to the keg for the final 2 reps. Best time of 6 reps wins. Partial reps, not time will be given. To get a down command you can one motion/viper, strict press, push press, push jerk or split jerk the implement, but feet must be parallel and head through and stable to get down command. Stable on CDB means your elbow may be locked out but your arm is wavering all over the place. No dropping of implement form overhead or rep will not count. Belts, chalk, sleeves all good. No tacky or grip aids/grip shirts not allowed.
2. Descending Deadlift: Standard bar starting at 16.5" and a board is pulled then 14.5", 13", 11.5", 10" and floor for reps all in 60 sec. Straps, chalk, belts, are fine, no suits. Hitching ok. For a good rep, the shoulders, hips and knees must be locked out. Wait for judge’s down signal to continue, up commands as well.
3. Conan's Wheel: Conan's arm must be cradled in arms and not shouldered. Once picked you walk counter clockwise until you drop. No dragging/carrying but it's sliding on the ground. Once dropped/ makes ground contact distance will be measured.
4. Farmers Hold: Head to Head so you will face off against opponent, but if they drop first you still want to hold for your max time as that will be recorded for final placings of event. No time limit. Clock starts when you're fully standing locked out.
5. Carry & Load Medley: 1st keg is 40' from yoke, 2nd keg is 20' from yoke and stone will be next to the yoke for you to roll over and load. Mens bar is set at 52" and women at 48". Carry the keg how you want except on shoulder. Chalk, belt fine. No other grip aids like tacky, spray tacky or Grip Shirts. 60 seconds time limit and time stops when stone hits the ground. Partial distance/time will be given on kegs. Stone either you get it or you don't.